• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Skydiver misses target...

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
I can't believe it! Insurgents are now recruiting civilian parachutists to attack our troops!!! ...and on our own soil no less! Sick world we live in... a shame.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Target fixation anyone? Maybe next time they'll use the golden knights for something like that. Oh, and 50mph? Yeah, good estimate there buddy . . .

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
The Golden Knights dropped in for one of the 3 straight National Championship games App has been to (and won). It was pretty cool to see, they jumped in with the game ball.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
This guy is an idiot. He should have avoided the entire area if he had controllability issues. When doing demos we planned for outs in case we weren't going to safely make it to the designated LZ. Always refresh on your EPs before going up, just like flying.

Additionally, if you have controllability issues, you chop it. Once you open, 3 big questions... is it there... is it square and can I control it. There is no reason to take a non-controllable canopy all the way down.

When jumping a flag, it is possible to get it stuck in your steering lines, this can induce a turn and can change your AOA/descent rate. Best way to counter it is to use your rear risers. Now, they didn't say how many jumps this guy had, but that is pretty basic.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
I guess the band forgot to read the sign.
parachute_warning.jpg

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Vette,

Can civ's have their USPA rate suspended for stuff like this?

USPA rating... maybe. My guess though, is that these guys probably don't have a PRO ratings. Those are pretty tricky and you wouldn't get one and make this type of mistake.

USPA License... I'm not sure. But then, USPA is not a regulatory agency. It's an association. They have no say whether you can skydive or not. They just provide standards; which are pretty much used universally.