• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Slots with War coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valion310

Hey all,

Things for us are changing all the time as far as slots, platforms, grades, etc. I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts as to how slots will pan out with the war on Iraq on the horizen?

Giving us the benfit of dought on whip'n SoDamn's candy jabronie arse, the actual combat phase may not extend to a long term engagement. With that in mind, what do you all think? And if someone other country starting with an "I" in the local neighborhood happens to get involved, that would for sure bring it to a longer term engagement. I dunno, thoughts?

"Valion310 squawking 1200 -"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We're going to war? Sheesh, guess I should stock up on toilet paper.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Haha...yeah, no kidding. We ran out two days after leaving during RIMPAC. How does that happen. Unbelieveable.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Everyone continually wants to have words w/ our SuppO. It's going to be a long cruise if he doesn't get it together.

Valion310

No, it has nothing to do with the Suppo ... go check your squadron's enlisted berthing, generally up in the pipes above the really thick wire bundles and behind racks on the I-beam ledges. We stashed those rolls like pack rats! And the officer heads were the best places to get it cause you all always had to have your toliets stocked, (then they decided to put chains around the rolls ... those waskily 1st LT guys ...)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That was the problem though, we didn't have any up in O country. Fortuneately our Disbo is resourceful and came up w/ some. Plus, I had one stashed in our room, which was actually needed one time. Not sure what I would have done then.
icon_smile.gif

Not sure about going down to the maintainers, haven't had to do that yet, but I think our guys are fairly green, so they don't know yet. We had a couple of them claiming that our racks were better than theirs. The MO and I were trying to tell them that we had less headroom and the same coffins they did. Oh well. I like what our chief said once. Everyone gets the same food, the only difference is what it's served on.

Valion310

LOL ... Hey, I would have traded the same coffin's any day for one of your state room's ... dont you all get those nice pretty little round plates with the boat logo on them? I remember the majority of my boat burgers were served on my gloves and stuck in my tool pouch to eat between launches, and camelback was filled with bug juice. You wouldn't believe how good a cranial mic boom tastes with some left over katchup on it, kinda clogs up the receiver though.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Pretty round plates? I think half my meals are on a paper plate in the cockpit because someone always wants to sked flight quarters about 15 minutes after mealtime, and the other half are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because the food is that bad. Thank goodness for bitching...makes the time go by faster.
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.