• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA Transfer to NASP - PCS Travel

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I have read several times here on AW that new 0-1 (1390) who were formally Midshipmen were not authorized a PCS move. Right now our admin guy is trying to get me transfered out to NASP and was told that there is no reason that new 1390 should not recieve compensation or full PCS move benefits.

I looked through the JFTR and found no mention that new SNAs would not recieve full benifits. Our admin civilian has spoken to a YNC (ret) out at Nebraska and was told that there is no reason it would not be processed as a normal move.

Can anyone with some experience shine some light on this?

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
You might want to read your orders to P-cola closely. I think you are sent there on TAD orders for training and there is some rule somewhere that states when you are sent TAD from your source of commissioning you don't qualify for the full move. Now, when you move to Corpus/Whiting/Vance, you will get a full move. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is the reasoning behind what you have heard.

Another0-1

Statesman,

Standby for some serious confusion regarding your move when dealing with Pensacola PSD (Donna in Travel is very squared away however). I originally moved to Pensacola January of last year. Even though my orders stated PCS, because I didn't have a ultimate duty station listed (which you will not unless prior enlisted), it was treated as TAD. You are also limited to move only 600 pounds of stuff. Do not take full PCS benefits or they will be deducted once you report to your ultimate duty station (as happened to me).

Once you receive follow on for primary (Vance, Corpus, Whiting), you will be authorized PCS to that location (with the possible exception of Whiting -- I don't know as I'm finishing up at Corpus).

Best of luck,
Another0-1

FlyingTuna

I was wondering about this too. I know that SNA's in P-Cola are supposed to live in the BOQ because we aren't getting PCS'd, but when I asked the clerk about it at the unit he said no one has had a problem living off base and that it is a permanent move because we aren't getting per diem down there. I called the BOQ the other day and she said they weren't giving out any non-availability stamps. So I'm kind of wondering what i'm supposed to do. I'm bringing all of my stuff down there with me and getting off-base housing stuff taken care of, but what do I do when I get down there and they tell me I have to live in the BOQ?

statesman

pilot
We got several questions answered today:

1.) You definitely do not get a PCS move. You are authorized some amount of household good (on the order of about 800 lbs. but I have to find out more on Monday). You get a small re-embursement for moving that 800 lbs.

2.) BOQ as said before seems to depend on who you talked to. I called down there today and she said there wouldn't be a problem living out in town. Her exact words were "you get a choice you can live here or off the base". Ive been told if you don't get the answer you want the first time, just go back when that person isn't working and try again.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You are TEMDUINS while @ A-pool/API and then you get your first real set of orders (to primary) as an amendment to your originals from NROTC. It is at that point where you will get your PCS, enroute to primary wherever that might be. And yes, Donna is locked on and very helpful......you should also take her out to the bars

Oh yeah, I did do a partial DITY down to pcola and was eventually reimbursed for it. There also was ~ $3000 dumped into my account about a month after I checked into primary.

statesman

pilot
Oh yeah, I did do a partial DITY down to pcola and was eventually reimbursed for it. There also was ~ $3000 dumped into my account about a month after I checked into primary.

Were you reimbursed for the exact cost of your move or were you given a lump sum allowance?

What was the ~3k for? Back pay?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I had the same thing happen, but not quite 3 grand. Some of it was money from P Cola. I got a good bit of per diem because they modded my orders early in API, and some was my travel claim from tech to p cola to enid america. The rest was for hookers and blow, apparently. they haven't taken it back yet, so i got that going for me, which is nice.

SlickAg

pilot
When I got to Corpus in late summer '06 I was told that since I was TAD to Pensacola I would be getting reimbursed for my lodging expenses while I was attached there. I'm guessing the logic was that since I was TAD to Pensacola, I was "using my BAH to pay for my residence where I was permanently attached to." I was drawing Pcola BAH though. Anyway, my apartment complex faxed over a letter saying how much I had spent on rent during my time there and that amount got lumped in with my travel payment from Pcola to Corpus. So basically, I pocketed my BAH and got paid back for all the rent money I spent. I wouldn't freak out about the 600 or 800 or whatever it is pounds. Unless you have a LOT of stuff you probably won't bust that limit.

So anyway, maybe that's what the money was for; if they're still doing that.