• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sna

snowboarder4x4

Ok, If you get into the NROTC are you an officer as soon as you graduate? Also while your in do you know if you have a Flight spot or not? Thanks

TexasFight

Correct, you commission once you graduate. You will service select during your senior year, that is when you find out if you get a flight spot.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Actually I believe if you get a scholarship out of high school you have a year to get out without incuring a commitment.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Xmid is right. First year doesn't incur an obligation. But the begining of second year you incur service obligations, or pay back the money for school.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually I believe if you get a scholarship out of high school you have a year to get out without incuring a commitment.

Sure, but assuming you get to your senior year and don't select aviation (which is what the OP seems to be getting at), you'll incur a service obligation.

Brett

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Don't advanced standing mids also incur an obligation when they sign papers for that program too??

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't advanced standing mids also incur an obligation when they sign papers for that program too??

Few and far between though, advanced standing pretty much doesn't exist any more on the Navy side.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
You can deny your commission however and not have to serve. In this case the Navy sends you a bill for your tuition.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Few and far between though, advanced standing pretty much doesn't exist any more on the Navy side.

true....I just meant that purely by being an upperclassman in NROTC (vice also having a scholarship) implies a service obligation

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Yeah, this year. College program numbers rise and fall along with the needs of the Navy.

sbpilot

If someone got SWO but wanted SNA, could they pay back all 4 years of scholarship money instead of serving