• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNAFU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenaline Rush

Well I got some info. from my recruiter today...Somehow there was a mess up in the paperwork in which it only had me applying for BDCP pilot and not regular pilot...I have no idea how this happened, and my recruiter said that since there are no current open BDCP slots I was rejected right away...Could that be true??? he still didnt give me my astb scores, but he insists they were good...Today he had me fax over that i wanted my application to be considered for just pilot, and from there he says he can get me on the BDCP list,,, For the guys who got BDCP how do you know you were accepted for BDCP when slots opened up>>?? this situation has me more confused than ever....

navy101

When I was accepted it was just for a pilot slot in the AOC program because bdcp was filled. My recruiter had me swear in so I could have my slot guaranteed. Also, he made me fill out paperwork for the aviation officer candidate program. After all that he put me on the bdcp wait list. Once a spot opened up on the list he made me fill out the bdcp paperwork and trashed the previous paperwork I mentioned earlier. It sounds confusing, but trust me it is not. Just be sure to pester you recruiter when he does put you on the list.

tali264

Adrenaline, that makes more sense now.... your stats (besides the unknown ASTB score) were very good! I was accepted into BDCP right away so I'm not sure how it works once you're on a list. My recruiter never told me my ASTB scores either and just told me they were good, so don't worry about that. Let us all know what happens

Goliath112

hey Adrenaline. how can you apply for ocs without graduating or being six months away? you graduate in 2004 right? my recruiter has told me that I can't apply for anything but BDCP since i'm 9 months out till graduation. is this true? I applied for BDCP and choose supply, SWO, AMDO. I got turned down for supply and amdo so far. I don't think i'll get SWO though, there isn't enough slots. man I'd like to be re considered if this were true. I would accept a non-subsidised slot. hell I would pay THEM for a slot.

man the wait is killing me

Adrenaline Rush

hmm, thats an interesting point, but if you refer to navy101's post he was accepted w/out the bdcp slot and then got one later

Goliath112

that's different. he was accepted to BDCP but couldn't get on it because BDCP was filled. I have heard many people who have to go on the wait list. But, as far as applying before you graduate, I was told that you have to be within 6 months of graduation. What does your recruiter say? mine said I can't. Did yours say you could? if so that would be cool. cause you could be reconsidered and me too.

Adrenaline Rush

yea my recruiter said he called all over to find out why i was rejected, and his final explanation was that i was rejected because all the bdcp slots were filled and i only applied bdcp... i dont know much stock i would hold in my recruiters opinion because he has been wrong on some issues before... I still dont understand why this is different than navy101's situation,, he was accepted as just a pilot,,,Therefore he had to have applied for bdcp pilot and just pilot (am i right?, hopefully navy101 can clear that up, (but i also see what your saying goliath) since the bdcp slots were filled they offered him just pilot then..which is what happened to me except i hadnt applied to just pilot,,but i will let you know what happens, i really hope for the both of us we can apply without bdcp, get on the list , and go from there

ghost_ttu

Adrenaline, I hope this works out for you. I hope you get the pilot slot right after mine! [:D]

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

navy101

I applied for bdcp and it was filled. Since it was filled the Navy offered me a regular pilot slot in the Aviation Officer Candidate program. They did this so I could lock in my pilot slot while I waited for bdcp. This program is the same as just getting a regular pilot slot for OCS. Also, you can be two years from graduating from college to get a pilot slot in the AOC program. My recruiter told me I would be on a wait list until a spot opened up for bdcp. From what I gathered, as long as you qualify for bdcp you will get it,but you may have to wait like me. One last thing, if bdcp is filled you should be able to get a regular pilot and wait for bdcp like I did.

Goliath112

man i have been waiting for 38 days. I have been turned down for my first 2 choices. and SWO is the last board for me. I guess I'm gonna have to apply again. I wish they would hurry it up though.

psrogers

Intel Officer
I'm really sorry to hear that. But there's still a chance, and even if not, there's always reapplying...

Status
Not open for further replies.