• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Snort (the real one) doing his thing...

badger16

None
I'm pretty sure that Lead sabre went down last summer on its way to EAA... Not sure if the same guy was flying it, but the pilot died. I want to say the crash was in N.C. somewhere. In anycase that was an excellent video. Awesome post!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Snort is alive and kicking. There was a thread on hear about that. Do a search if you're interested.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
CONCLUSIONS:

1. That Phantom is one big mutha' ... :)

2. That Sabre is one pretty little fighter ... :)

side note: when I was @ Luke and Williams providing DACM training for, amongst other, some Pak's in the early 80's ... they were bemoaning the demise of their beloved F-86's during their transition to the F-16. We gave some of 'em a ride in the back seat of our TA-4's on an ACM hop or two ... they promptly fell in love/lust with the A-4 and pronounced it a "worthy successor" to their Sabres --- they said it, I didn't ...
:D ... but I believe it.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
You know, I've never heard anything but very high praise for the A-4. How 'bout another production run? :icon_tong

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Great video w/killer footage..I've missed the Oceana Air Show the last few years but it is always good. Last time crews went from my previous unit for static display they weren't able to drink due to being in a freakin' standby status.
Morale destroying.:(
Thanks for sharing.

Rossi

CONCLUSIONS:

1. That Phantom is one big mutha' ... :)

2. That Sabre is one pretty little fighter ... :)

side note: when I was @ Luke and Williams providing DACM training for, amongst other, some Pak's in the early 80's ... they were bemoaning the demise of their beloved F-86's during their transition to the F-16. We gave some of 'em a ride in the back seat of our TA-4's on an ACM hop or two ... they promptly fell in love/lust with the A-4 and pronounced it a "worthy successor" to their Sabres --- they said it, I didn't ...
:D ... but I believe it.

That always came to mind when i see heritage flights, until i saw it fly in formation with the F-22. Man the raptor is nothing but wing, crazy surface area.

Attachments

• AF Heritage.jpg
    AF Heritage.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 83