• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So SWOs have a purpose?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Comments lifted from the ongoing Landing Gear topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkins
So SWO's do have a purpose!

Webmaster:
No, not really...

After a LMAO session, I reflected on my past three days at sea...(swore I'd never walk aboard a ship again if I could help it). I couldn't avoid it in this case as my job required me to be aboard USS Nashville (LPD-17) for some AFSB* exercise drills in VACAPES. So there I was, surrounded by SWOs except for the captain (NFO) and the air boss. Most of the SWOs were Ensigns and JGs with a large number of them mustangs. I am not exaggerating by saying they made our stay extremely fruitful and worked through all the issues of rapidly converting the ship into a SPECOPS AFSB and conducting C2 as well as supporting surface and aviation operations around the clock. I wasn't the only aviator who was impressed with their can-do spirit and knowledge of their ship and equipment therein. I walked off the brow yesterday with a newfound appreciation for the SWO community (now that walk to the parking lot several piers away....what's up with that and not returning to same pier space you departed from?).

BTW - Steve Wilkins did not put me up to this for rep points or beers (as far as you know)

*Afloat Forward Staging Base

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have you been drinking? I'm highly suspicious of such kind words from an aviator. I feel like I'm walking into a trap. Sneaky aviators.....tricky tricky.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
akbar.jpg

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing up my sleeve

Steve Wilkins said:
Have you been drinking? I'm highly suspicious of such kind words from an aviator. I feel like I'm walking into a trap. Sneaky aviators.....tricky tricky.

Nope...I actually felt guilty after a career of enjoying rattling the cages of "shoes" and even after retirement, working with a few and making fun of 15 knot minds, etc. So, I felt I should confess I was truly impressed and thankful for their assistance during my sojourn at sea. Would I want to be one....er, no. I have a healthy respect though for anyone who would go to sea and not fly...even aviators on disassociated sea tours.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
heyjoe said:
So, I felt I should confess I was truly impressed and thankful for their assistance during my sojourn at sea. Would I want to be one....er, no. I have a healthy respect though for anyone who would go to sea and not fly...even aviators on disassociated sea tours.
Would I want to be a trash man....I mean waste management person? Uhh...no. But yea, I have a lot of respect for those guys now after living up here and having to take my own garbage to the dump every couple of weeks.

I'm just bustin' your balls. Thanks for the good words...though I still think aviators are sneaky b@stards. :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I thought I was the only one who used that reference. "It's a trap!" :D

Here's the real reason I joined the Navy:
wgd1037r-thumb.jpg

Love those green b!tches!

Brett