• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

So you wanna buy some stuff...what do you want?

Would you be interested in buying platform specific merchandise?

• Of course, you can never have too many PT shirts.

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • No, I don't wanna be "that guy" in the airplane t-shirt.

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We're looking into getting some platform t-shirts and patches manufactured to offer for sale on the site. Would you guys be interested? Looking back, I remember giving some LAME T-34 t-shirts to relatives as gifts, and they still loved 'em. Anyway, the idea is to get some original, (hopefully) cooler merchandise out there. Like the other post said, we're gonna start with just basic site stuff (if there is sufficient interest), but if the demand is there, we'll try to meet it. What kind of stuff would you guys want?

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
what about an airwarriors lunch box? I need to replace the transformers one i'm using now.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Dude, could we make a cooler P-3 patch than the light blue one?

T-shirts ... don't know if I'd wear them, but I'd sure as hell give them to relatives (like Zab said, they think it's cool).

What about a '100 carrier landings' patch for the F-16 guys? :)

Maybe a T-44 patch with a wheel bouncing down the runway?

I'd buy patches if we came up with some cool ones.

What about long sleeved T-shirts for those cold days on the flight line? or maybe some 'wife-beaters?'

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Propstop, you should have a collection of "lunchboxes" by now, all cardboard with "NAS Whidbey Island Flightline Kitchen" written on them. I keed, I keed.

NozeMan, specific squadron t-shirts won't happen. Squadrons sell that kind of stuff in-house to make money for morale programs that benefit their Sailors (intramural sports teams, BBQs, etc). For us to sell unauthorized squadron stuff would be taking money away from those guys. BUT, pretty much every squadron out there now has a website, and most sell that kind of stuff online. At the very least they will have the Public Affairs Officer's email or contact number, and 9 times out of 10, they'll mail you whatever you want if you send them a check first. Try to Google whatever unit you are looking for (maybe I should have worded that differently...)

Varmint- TRUST ME. A better Orion patch is in the works. After I made PPC, I refused to sport the gay blue white and yellow PPC patch and had a guy in Japan make me a couple in Black and Olive Drab, which I gave out to my buddies when they qualified.

Long sleeve tees...maybe. Again, that kind of thing is usually sold by your Fleet Squadron, and we don't wanna take anything away from them (unless they charge you an arm and a leg, then hit up Wal Mart like you owned it). Usually those long sleeve tees have to be authorized by the Squadron Skipper as well. Anyway, that kind of stuff is pretty far down the road.

Wife-beaters....HAH. You must know my personal stylist. Maybe some "baby-tees" (Now THAT would be a great thing to make your next Nugget wear).

On the subject of the shirts...we'll come up with a few prototypes and post them on here for opinions. For the most part, I avoid sporting that kind of stuff anywhere but the gym or working around the house (although I did embarass the he11 out of Eagle 32 once when I met him for dinner in a ratty squadron t). We'll try to make them "gift friendly". Oh yeah, most likely they'll also be in OD or brown for you USMC guys, somebody remind me, whoch color can you guys wear now?

Keep the suggestions, comments, questions, smart@ss remarks coming.

Oh yeah, don`t expect this to happen overnight either, especially given my 2 week vacation to Oahu that starts next week.

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Can we get a patch that says: "Airwarriors: What % get jets?"

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How 'bout some kickass SWO t-shirts? This is an equal opportunity, non-discriminatory website.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
gotta get some cool replacements for the US Navy patch. Like Seahawk 0 hrs or 50 combat hrs over lower alabama!!

HueyCobra8151

pilot
UH-1N - "Not pretty, but well hung" (or something like that - with the cartoon of the Huey w/ the gun mounts drawn freakishly large)

That would be a cool T-Shirt. I used to have the shoulder patch, but I think I lost it in TMO somewhere along the way.

This is always popular...

crap_bird_1.gif

:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.