• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Socks for these rock-hard boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzodogg

So I just got a pair of black boots to start breaking in for PLC-Jrs this summer. I have heard a lot of people say that I need to get thorlo boot socks, but I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know of I can order them from somewhere? I could reaaly use some help.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Gonzo, have you checked out this site (http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=119297)? The last time I saw my OSO, he told me to get a pair of black jungles of my own. If we're not going to be able to carry them to OCS with us, why not get a pair of those tan ones I mentioned above? If you end up getting a pair of those socks, let me know how they feel, especially after you run in them. I'm kind of worried they might cause a little too much sweat while I'm in Quantico in June. Thanks.

livefast

EA-6B1: Listen to your OSO! There's no need to blow $100 when you'll get issued tan boots. My OSO told me to just get a pair of black combat boots--doesn't matter what kind as long as they're not too fancy.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
So I should just get a pair of regular jungles? What's a good way to break them in... Just start walking in them, I guess? Don't wanna overdue do it, and end up screwing my feet up. Thaknks for the help.

efongabonga

pay the extra money for good socks... your feet are your survival at ocs, its a small investment to protect your dogs

livefast

EA-6B1: Get a pair of shoe trees and let them stretch the boots for you. After a couple of days, they should be ready to run in (the first time won't be fun). Hope this helps.

wutzu

I say get brown boots. The black boots are not allowed past october of this year, and I don't see how buying boots to wear for 6 months is any better than buying an extra pair of boots you can wear at TBS and then in the fleet for the foreseeable future.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Originally posted by wutzu
I say get brown boots. The black boots are not allowed past october of this year, and I don't see how buying boots to wear for 6 months is any better than buying an extra pair of boots you can wear at TBS and then in the fleet for the foreseeable future.

That was my rationale (sp?) about the boots too.

Status
Not open for further replies.