• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sometimes you get lucky!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
So I have an interesting no sh!t story to relay to my fellow AW brethren...

Two weeks ago I was attending a benefit/fundraising dinner for the Tri-State Warbird Museum at the Clermont County Airport in Batavia, Ohio - near Cincinnati. My company purchased a table, and I was somehow lucky enough to snag two of the seats. (I actually found a date - amazing I know).

Anyways I'm at the open bar/dinner gala in the museum hanger on this beautiful May evening - and I am sporting my "I'm a Naval Aviator" tie that everyone buys from the Exchange or Abbotts. You know, the navy colored poly/rayon tie with the gold wings emblazoned everywhere on the thing..

flightdeckshop_1954_8230349

So I walk out to the lobby after having a few drinks at the bar (after witnessing an awesome F4U Corsair aerial demo by the way!) to find the head.. on my way through the lobby I spy another guy with our signature tie - and feeling the giddiness of 2 or 3 bourbon and sodas, reach out to this fine man and saying something to the effect of "you've got the right tie" or something dorkier... anyways I shake the guys hand and as I continue walking away I look up and realize I am looking face to face and shaking the hand of Neil Armstrong. Yes boys and girls, Neil Armstrong. I about sh!t myself, gathered my composure and basically said "please to meet you sir" and got the hell out of there. CAPT Armstrong was of course a class act and chatted me up for a few moments. Had I any sense I would have had my camera out but it was not to be.

But I thought the AW would appreciate my little celebrity run in...

By the way, the museum raised $6mm!

phrogpilot73

I about sh!t myself, gathered my composure and basically said "please to meet you sir" and got the hell out of there.
Why in the good lord would you get the hell out of there? If he was the only other one with "The Tie" than I would have stuck around and truly started drinking that night, with a fellow Naval Aviator... You're a pussy ;)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Why in the good lord would you get the hell out of there? If he was the only other one with "The Tie" than I would have stuck around and truly started drinking that night, with a fellow Naval Aviator... You're a pussy ;)

OK , I'm a pussy - he had a pretty huge entourage - so the man wasn't just hangin' out at the bar! :)

I totally wish I had my camera with me...