• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sophomore in college wanting to pursue naval aviation. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james23

Hey guys I am a sophomore in college majoring in Kinesiology & Rehab Science and I had a couple of questions regarding aviation. How competitive is it? If I am red-green color blind can I somehow get that waived? do you recommend changing majors to something more technical? (EG: Physics, computer science). And when should I start studying for the ASTB? Any advice will also help! Thank you!:icon_smil

OUdrumz22

Navy Hopeful
How competitive is it?

RED ALERT! Pull up, pull up! This is a "no no" question on here. Any type of "how competitive" or "what %" or "what are my chances" question is dangerous waters to be treading.

The fact of the matter is that it is very competitive, but achievable. However, it is impossible to get selected until you take that ASTB and apply.

My advice is to pick a major you will enjoy and succeed in and that will show more to the board than mediocre grades in a "more technical" major.

Start studying now and good luck to you!

As far as the rest of your questions...Vets, have at it.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey guys I am a sophomore in college majoring in Kinesiology & Rehab Science and I had a couple of questions regarding aviation. How competitive is it? If I am red-green color blind can I somehow get that waived? do you recommend changing majors to something more technical? (EG: Physics, computer science). And when should I start studying for the ASTB? Any advice will also help! Thank you!:icon_smil

Defecient color vision is not waiverable. If you can pass the FALANT then you are good to go but if you can't, you will not fly. The other questions have been asked time and time again so I recommend the search funtion.

Status
Not open for further replies.