• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sovi--er...Russia Resumes Strategic Bomber Patrols

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Article here

Apparently they flew a sortie earlier this month that flew close enough to Guam to scramble fighters there.

Alright, time to roll out the B-52's and get SAC going again!

Dr%20S%20kongdrop.jpg

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
How do you think Russian sorties will affect the shift of power in the world, especially with regards to China?

Lawman

None
If they want to perform flight hour eating patrols on airframes they cant afford to replace more power to them.

joshmf

How do you think Russian sorties will affect the shift of power in the world, especially with regards to China?

I think Russia and China are intentionally trying to shift the balence of power in the world, and seem to be getting along well enough:

"Russia, China flex muscles in joint war games"
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSL1767915220070817

It's been interesting to see China co-opt our reasons for going into Iraq and Afghanistan for their own efforts in western China.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
....if they use up the useful life of their airframes and can't replace them... they won't have them to use, if they needed them in the future.

As if quaint terms like "useful life" and "safety" mean anything over there. Have you ever seen them load an AN-124? Or been to one of their airshows?

You would grimace like you just saw a fat chick in a bikini

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
As if quaint terms like "useful life" and "safety" mean anything over there. Have you ever seen them load an AN-124? Or been to one of their airshows?

You would grimace like you just saw a fat chick in a bikini

There are AN-124s here all the time actually.... kinda funny to drive onto a NAS and see them loading on cargo... looks normal enough to me.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
You gotta look closer, like inside their aircraft. Innovations that the USAF devloped in the early 60s (463L system, for example) are nowhere to be found in their ops.

"Tie down cargo? Why should we do that?"

And the TLAR method isn't very accurate when figuring out your TOLD data on a contaminated runway

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
good, maybe they'll send out their subs so I have something other to track than a friggen EMATT.

'course, you don't track much from behind a desk...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
good, maybe they'll send out their subs so I have something other to track than a friggen EMATT.

'course, you don't track much from behind a desk...

You've got that right, g-dam spreadsheets, manning Bottom-Up Reviews....what I'd give for a flap right now out of Kef...:icon_tong