• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Specific concerns on OCS app

NCOCS

Hello,

I have recently seen a recruiter and began the application process. I was hoping some of you could provide opinions on my eligibilty. I am 32 and have a BSBA and I recall my gpa being at or near 3.0. I am concerned if there will be an issue with my age or if an age waiver is easily obtained. Concerning security clearance, I had a DUI in 2001 as well as occassional drug use of weed until 2005 and tried cocaine twice between 2006 and 2007. I graduated college in 2005 and got married in 2007 (end of drug use forever). These are all of the negative items from my background and I would like to know if they will disqualify me for candidacy for the OCS program.

If these items do disqualify me, how difficult is it to go the enlisted to OCS route?

Thank you in advance.

BourneID

pilot
Given your age, you wouldn't be able to go Enlisted then OCS due to being to old for an Age waiver even if you were prior Enlisted. As for your drug usage, and DUI convection, that wouldn't be looked upon very favorably.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Hello,

I have recently seen a recruiter and began the application process. I was hoping some of you could provide opinions on my eligibilty. I am 32 and have a BSBA and I recall my gpa being at or near 3.0. I am concerned if there will be an issue with my age or if an age waiver is easily obtained. Concerning security clearance, I had a DUI in 2001 as well as occassional drug use of weed until 2005 and tried cocaine twice between 2006 and 2007. I graduated college in 2005 and got married in 2007 (end of drug use forever). These are all of the negative items from my background and I would like to know if they will disqualify me for candidacy for the OCS program.

If these items do disqualify me, how difficult is it to go the enlisted to OCS route?

Thank you in advance.

What program are you applying for first of all? You are already past the age limit for Pilot, NFO, SWO, SEAL, and EOD. The maximum age for the other programs is 35 by the date of commissioning, but I believe the age 35 is reserved for prior enlisted types with waivable time, which you do not have. Also, the cocaine use as late as 2006 and 2007 is not going to be good at all as far as a security clearance/background check is concerned. What has your recruiter told you about your age, if anything? Its too late in the game for you to think about enlisting (for a path to a commission), the clock is ticking and you are about out of time.