• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Squadron Patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynsail

pilot
At the Pcola Air Show, the Navy jet stud alongside the T-45 had a light blue shirt under the flight suit...with a matching light blue squadron patch. What squadron is that? That color definitely stuck out with flight suit.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VT-7 'Strike Eagles' from NAS Meridian. I'm willing to bet I know who that was too ;)

Bevo16

pilot
VT-27 also has Coast Guard Orange shirts and patches. The "Boomers" also have the ugliest squadron patch in the history of the Navy. HC-11 is a close second.

trongod46

pilot
what is with the navy wearing colored shirts under there flight suits? must be the marine in me to get annoyed with it

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Patmack18 said:
Just wait 'till you see the "rescue me" orange VT-2 patches and t-shirt.

And then they go "tactical" after they solo . . . worried about evading rednecks after crashing your T-34 in the wild outback of Lower Alabama?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nittany03 said:
And then they go "tactical" after they solo . . . worried about evading rednecks after crashing your T-34 in the wild outback of Lower Alabama?

Wouldn't you???

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
trongod46 said:
what is with the navy wearing colored shirts under there flight suits? must be the marine in me to get annoyed with it

Because you Marines think EVERYTHING should be green? Because color is a long standing tradition in aviation? You guys need to loosen up sometimes :icon_tong

Clux4

Banned
The VQ guys at my last unit wore yellow shirt under their flight suits and It looked cool. Looked like the Jamaican flag.
Ain't no point wearing green if you are not in the tree line. That is just me !

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Clux4 said:
The VQ guys at my last unit wore yellow shirt under their flight suits and It looked cool. Looked like the Jamaican flag.
Ain't no point wearing green if you are not in the tree line. That is just me !

Oh that does sound like it would look cool.

peanut3479

pilot
I've seen a few studs and instructors in the VTs here in the yellow shirts, and it doesn't look bad at all. Regardless, everything SHOULD be green... :icon_tong

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
peanut3479 said:
I've seen a few studs and instructors in the VTs here in the yellow shirts, and it doesn't look bad at all. Regardless, everything SHOULD be green... :icon_tong

Maybe that's why the Navy standards for color blindness are that much more stringent... Marines can't see colors! ;)

peanut3479

pilot
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all HUDs and (most) MFDs monochromatic? With NVGs on everything looks GREEN - color vision is SO overrated! Besides, how many other colors do you need to see besides green (you) and red (what's left of the bad guys)? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.