• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Interview Procedures

goldsailor

Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone knew if there were actual procedures or instructions when attending an interview or board. I've been told to wear a cover and not to wear a cover as well as other conflicting things to do. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
You're indoors, so no, there won't be a cover on. Simply walk in, introduce yourself, and wait for the seat to be offered.

Agreed.

I sat on a board today and that's precisely what the applicant did. I don't think anyone is looking for an overly formal atmosphere. Be respectful and courteous and I'm sure the board members will have you relax if needed.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
If you read the 1420.1B all the way through, you probably noticed that the grading criteria is on the sheets that the board fills out. It talks about your presentation, appearance, posture, etc.; what they're looking for. Just be a professional and don't pick your nose or anything like that.

eastcoastss

My son is now working on his cover letter for his STA package. He has, with the credits from Goose Creek and his AS and his Junior transcript, somewhere around 120 to 130 if the Power School and Prototype credits are accepted. I would believe they would be as he would be going to a school in the STA in the nuclear field. It was suggested to me on Navy for Dads that he could get some help with content as well as possibly some participants on this site reviewing it. He graduated A school with distinction and Power with honors. He recently took the ACT as his SAT is at least 5 years old and passed with more than the acceptable grade.
I would leave him to do his own sleuthing but he is presently in prototype and is pretty busy. Any thoughts? Help?