• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sta 21 pilot option

nateb

I knew it. I'm surrounded by a**holes!
Yep. If you have any specific questions PM or E-mail me. Don't worry, others will chime in soon also. My first tip is: Use the search, it is your friend.

Nate

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Ill offer my insight as well...I was picked up last year and I'm starting college now. PM or Email is fine also.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
did any of you make sna through sta 21? that's what i'm thinking about doing. any tips?
Plenty of advice here to be had. You just have to know the right questions to ask. As already pointed out, the search function is your friend. Use it as a tool to learn and help refine the questions you need answers to.

Additionally, you may want to write your posts like a "grown up" rather than what appears to be child like. This means using correct grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation is somewhat flexible. Using capitalization at the beginning of sentences is not. If you want to be taken seriously and therefore get your questions addressed by people that have the answers, you may want to think about how you appear to other people with the way you write your posts.

As for my tip of the day, take Calculus I and II.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
As for my tip of the day, take Calculus I and II.

Actually...I'd like to tell you to not take it...but I can't. Hated Calculus...especially Calc II:confused:

Seriously though. Was picked up in 2002...I think the second year of the program. I went to Cornell in Ithaca NY so I can offer some tips as far as paying for an expensive school if that's the situation you find yourself in, and would be more than happy to answer any questions you might find yourself running into. I take it you are thinking of submitting a package for 2007? I think the app deadline is in July...anyone back me up here?

What enlisted field are you in...what community...SAT, ASTB scores, GPA, in-service college, how are your evals, have you talked to your Div-o/Department head about this? From my experience, their support is ESSENTIAL! Need more info to really help.

jon_yelverton

well, i am an 18 year old AEAN with one year in. my last eval was an MP and i'm confident my next one will be an EP. i've been busting ass on my quals and work in general. i have support from my lpo, lcpo, and divo to go sta21. and i just routed my my eaws request. i'm predicting to finish that in 5 months. i have no in-service college yet, but i'm getting ready to hopefully clep a few basic classes. i never took the sat or astb. i just ordered a few study guides for both of them. i have a 4.0 high school gpa. also, i am an eagle scout with over 100 hours of community service. before i turn in my final package, i'm going to request endorsement from my state's senator. i hope to have a real nice package ready for 2008.

also, while doing this program i want to get a BA in history. Will this affect my chances because its not a technical degree?

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
well, i am an 18 year old AEAN with one year in. my last eval was an MP and i'm confident my next one will be an EP. i've been busting ass on my quals and work in general. i have support from my lpo, lcpo, and divo to go sta21. and i just routed my my eaws request. i'm predicting to finish that in 5 months. i have no in-service college yet, but i'm getting ready to hopefully clep a few basic classes. i never took the sat or astb. i just ordered a few study guides for both of them. i have a 4.0 high school gpa. also, i am an eagle scout with over 100 hours of community service. before i turn in my final package, i'm going to request endorsement from state's senator. i hope to have a real nice package ready for 2008.

also, while doing this program i want to get a BA in history. Will this affect my chances because its not a technical degree?

The only ones I know who care about what degree you get are the Air Force...don't go there. If you want to hear about my experience at their recruiter's office, PM me sometime and I'll tell you. I'll just say that the Marine OSO's are infintiely superior in all repects. :D Can't tell you 'bout the Navy side, though.

My packet is going through with a degree in psychology. Some of the other applicants have degrees in stuff like political science, history, and English. They're going to teach you all the technical stuff you need to know, anyway, so unless you go AF you just need to get a 4-year degree.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
well, i am an 18 year old AEAN with one year in. my last eval was an MP and i'm confident my next one will be an EP. i've been busting ass on my quals and work in general. i have support from my lpo, lcpo, and divo to go sta21. and i just routed my my eaws request. i'm predicting to finish that in 5 months. i have no in-service college yet, but i'm getting ready to hopefully clep a few basic classes. i never took the sat or astb. i just ordered a few study guides for both of them. i have a 4.0 high school gpa. also, i am an eagle scout with over 100 hours of community service. before i turn in my final package, i'm going to request endorsement from state's senator. i hope to have a real nice package ready for 2008.

Are you trying to piss me off?