• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Pilot Option

NAtedogg__132

I am currently a Enlisted Airtraffic Controller in the Navy. I am currently persuing the Pilot Option and need help. I have never had a longing for avaition but now im in it i love it. Flying is not my pation but is the only option that sounds apealing to me. It seems to be the most challenging and would be a great sence of accomplishment to become a pilot. Is this enough reason to even dare present to my CO? We have a really good relationship and he is the one who put the officer idea into my head. i just dont want to waste anyone's time. Any advise would be much appreciated

Fixer2Flyer

Use to fix it...Now I'm going to fly it
I am graduating from the STA-21 program in May and I was selected for the Pilot option from the start. Your reasons are good enough and basically the STA-21 board is going to want you to want to be a pilot for personal reasons, along with career ones too. One thing I would recommend is taking the ASTB if you haven't already. Getting a good score on it will give you confidence and one more thing to show to your CO that will demonstrate how much you want this and how serious you are. I would also recommend getting your flight physical done and sending that in with your STA-21 package. The more that they know that you are qualified and work towards this, the better the chances are that you will be picked up for the Pilot Option rather then Core. Believe me, a lot of the guys who got Core that want Pilot stressed about grades like crazy. Already being selected will take that pressure off. Any othe rquestions about this let me know.

Fixer2Flyer

Use to fix it...Now I'm going to fly it
... Flying is not my pation but is the only option that sounds apealing to me. It seems to be the most challenging and would be a great sence of accomplishment to become a pilot. Is this enough reason to even dare present to my CO? We have a really good relationship and he is the one who put the officer idea into my head.

One last thing...from what I have experienced and learned from other Pilots, flight school takes a lot of commitment and drive, so make sure that it is what you are going to want to do for the rest of your career and not just because the title or job sounds cool. I have met many guys where I am at now that want the title and don't realize what they are getting into or what it and the training involves.