• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STAND-DOWN - Professional Conduct On The Battlefield Training

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
What's the skinny on this stand-down gents? What kind of stand-down will this be especially for USMC here. Are studs in Training Command being affected by this stand-down?

Is this only for people in theatre or is this service wide training?

Will it be given at OCS (Navy and Marine) and TBS?

Thanks...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
The DOD website says it's only for foks in-theatre. CBS news initially reported it would be service wide.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
Its just "refresher" training, similar to required annual training on topics like sexual harrassment, hazing, fraternization, ethics, etc. Not a "stand down" though that may be how the media took it. I'm pretty sure fighting will not halt for sensitivity training..but then again stranger things have happened!

phrogpilot73

Not in theatre yet, but just went to a briefing from the CMC. It's not a stand down, but he is talking to all FMF units, deployed or stateside. So I would guess since they're in TRACOM and not FMF they're probably fine...

Best question that was asked of the CMC today - "Sir, LCpl Benots - when a Marine gets NJP'd and they suspend his pay, where does that money go?"

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
phrogpilot73 said:
Best question that was asked of the CMC today - "Sir, LCpl Benots - when a Marine gets NJP'd and they suspend his pay, where does that money go?"
That's a silly question. Everyone knows it goes into the command beer fund. :icon_zbee

phrogpilot73

Steve Wilkins said:
That's a silly question. Everyone knows it goes into the command beer fund. :icon_zbee
Commandant's answer was almost as good - "To that big piggy bank in the sky"

Jay610

King of the Wicker People
Steve Wilkins said:

Then I guess I paid for a round or two in my day!