• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Star Wars in Concert

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
Well... only plausible connection to Naval Aviation being that Jerry Bruckheimer considered TOPGUN (the real one) to be "Star Wars on Earth" when inspired to create the movie (not Star Wars)...

www.starwarsinconcert.com

Has anyone seen or heared of the Star Wars in Concert? Just happened to flip the channels and saw that there is a documentary showcasing it on the local PBS channel...

and "NO" I am not a Star Wars nut...

MasterBates

And I think the Ogre needs to comment:

nerds.jpg

NERDS!!!!!!!

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
I hate LOTR. All my friends in high school were obsessed with it (and manga . . . I think you can guess what kind of crowd I ran in). Every time I tried to read Tolkien, I just wanted to give up, sit down and cry.

Chad Vader, Day Shift Manager . . . now that's some youtube GOLD.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I hate LOTR. All my friends in high school were obsessed with it (and manga . . . I think you can guess what kind of crowd I ran in). Every time I tried to read Tolkien, I just wanted to give up, sit down and cry.

Chad Vader, Day Shift Manager . . . now that's some youtube GOLD.

speak of the devil ;)

also a fan of his antics

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
This is one Star Wars lounge lizard that would be fun to see....
"Do you remember that kooky alien bar??"

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Well... only plausible connection to Naval Aviation being that Jerry Bruckheimer considered TOPGUN (the real one) to be "Star Wars on Earth" when inspired to create the movie (not Star Wars)...

For better or for worse (mostly worse...), there is a connection to Naval Aviation. Given that the squadron was founded in 1977, I often said the squadron motto should have been "Seemed like a good idea to someone at the time...."

vaq209.jpg

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
For better or for worse (mostly worse...), there is a connection to Naval Aviation. Given that the squadron was founded in 1977, I often said the squadron motto should have been "Seemed like a good idea to someone at the time...."

Hadn't thought about that...

or VF-33...

Vf33star.jpg

How about a squadron named the "Chiwawas" with the motto "Yoquiro Taco Bell!" to make up for it?
Didn't they call the RADAR-intel provoking cross-border missions prior to Desert Storm in which they would "Run for the border" as soon as Iraqi Radar painted them as "Taco Bell" missions?