• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Start Applicaton Now - no where near NRD

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Hey all,

Had a quick question about applying for SNA during my last year of school when i'm no where near an officer recruiting station.

I'm finishing an Air Traffic Control degree from the University of North Dakota, but I am from Oregon originally. I called the Portland, OR NRD and asked this very question but never received a call back. Is it worth applying now if I wont be able to physically go to the recruiting station until I graduate next year, or should I wait?

Obviously the best thing to do is apply as early as possible but i'm not sure if the paperwork involved etc will enable me to do so without being there. Thanks ahead of time!

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Ray-ban I was in the same situation until recently when they opened an NRD for my OR in my town. Call the local NRD for enlisted side and they should have a phone number for an OR for the district you want to apply from. but do a search on here as well. I rarely pop up on here because most information i require is found through the search function.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Tomcat,

I did try to use the search but didn't pull up anything directly applicable to my situation. I have already called the NRD back home but haven't heard anything back. I was just curiuos if others possibly in the same situation waited or were still able to proceed without having to visit the NRD (at least to get started). Thanks for the input

ker986

FS IW
If you can get in contact with a recruiter you should be able to begin filling out your application and NASIS (an online form for your background check) without ever going into the office. However, you will have to go there in person to take your ASTB and to sign all of your paperwork before submitting your final package. I have only physically gone into the office 3 times during the past year.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
I initially proceeded without my OR being here, he was stationed 4 hours away. So every once in awhile when I needed to do things in person with him he drove down here. But the OR I have currently is here in town so I just drop by and bug him if I have questions. But most stuff you'll be able to do online without your OR, just the ASTB really and signing paperwork will require your OR to be physically present.

Lucy

Hey, I'm working out of NRD Portland. They are the headquaters from the entire northwest region (not the only office but oversees them all) so take a normal office and busy times 5. I would try calling between 9-930, and 1-2, and you might have a chance of getting someone on the phone but your first step will need to be to take the ASTB which you will need to do somewhere close to you. Whoever is close to you should be able to help out until you are back in the PNW.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Alright will do, very helpful thank you! Would you recommend asking for someone specifically, or just proceed with whoever answers the phone first?

Lucy

I would recommend my OR but he is retiring! Officer in charge is Lt Kyle, who is the person you get when you call the officer programs number, 503-258-2043. Been at this over a year so pretty good on the process. welcome to pm me questions.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Hey thanks a lot Lucy I appreciate it, i'll remember that. I'll call them today.