• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Starting a path to a commission

DW43

I have a few questions about when to get started. I'm currently a Community College student with about a year and a half done. I'm transfering this fall to a university and won't graduate untill december of 2009. I talked to an officer recruiter about 8 months ago and he kind of blew me off and told me to talk to him when I have two years completed in college. I assume he wants me to wait for the BDCP. My questions are

1. If I take the test and get everything done this summer, how far in advance do they schedule ocs dates? I would need a date in 2010.

2. When and where do you take your first PFT and Medical exam?

3. Can you get excepted before you have 24 months left of school, and apply for the BDCP later?

4. I had PRK done, so does the waiver process take a lot of extra time?

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
I have a few questions about when to get started. I'm currently a Community College student with about a year and a half done. I'm transfering this fall to a university and won't graduate untill december of 2009. I talked to an officer recruiter about 8 months ago and he kind of blew me off and told me to talk to him when I have two years completed in college. I assume he wants me to wait for the BDCP. My questions are

1. If I take the test and get everything done this summer, how far in advance do they schedule ocs dates? I would need a date in 2010.

2. When and where do you take your first PFT and Medical exam?

3. Can you get excepted before you have 24 months left of school, and apply for the BDCP later?

4. I had PRK done, so does the waiver process take a lot of extra time?

First, glad you looked into any old threads. Or even into BDCP or OCS. PFT section would most likely have info on that? (Amazing huh?) Basically everything you asked about has been covered before. Try this link for more help.

Basically if you are looking into immediate things, try the academy or NROTC.

1. Earliest would be the BDCP. Maybe 30 months?

2. With your recruiter and MEPS.

3. Yes you can be excepted from getting in until you have 24 months of school left. You have to have <24 months left to be accepted.

4. No idea, try the link above.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Elaboration on "try the academy or NROTC"..

If you do NROTC< you could pick up a 2 years scholarship. I don't know how to do that or how it works. Just keep in mind its an option.

As far as the Academy goes, that's also a viable option. Just know you wouldn't be accepted as a transfer student. You'd have to start over again as a freshman and go through the whole 4-year program.