• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Starting to Research OCS

voraciousveggie

I'm just starting to research Navy OCS, I'm 23 and have been working as a civil engineer designing subdivisions since graduating a year ago from the University of Nebraska. I'm trying to get a feel for how competitive admission is, I have a 3.04 GPA and could get excellent letters from my employer (one is a Lt. Col. in the Air Force) but I don't really have any community service. Any analysis would be welcome :).

The more I research the Navy and OCS the more I get the feeling that the number one predictor of success is motivation i.e. how bad do you want to be an officer? I believe I can do it but I don't have a lot of direction. Anyone have an opinion on Civil Engineering in the Navy vs. say Intelligence? BTW I do not have any interest in aviation, bad eyesight anyway.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Start here : http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/search.php

and I think "Thisguy" is CEC on the forum. You can PM people for more specific info. Search topics like "CEC" or "Civil Engineering"... Thanks for wanting to build stuff, we mostly like to blow said stuff up 'round here...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone have an opinion on Civil Engineering in the Navy vs. say Intelligence? BTW I do not have any interest in aviation, bad eyesight anyway.

Check out Wink's recent post on most FY09 slots already filled EXCEPT for CEC and Nuke. Intel is highly competitive and due to its popularity, motivation is basically assumed or at least not a discrimminator.