• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Storing stuff in vehicle at OCS?

pass-thru

I've got a pair of Bates Lights semi-broken in, and was wondering if it would be a good idea to leave them in my car until liberty, so not to have to keep track of them during pick up? Is there any reason it's not a good idea to leave my cell phone in my car as opposed to in the contraband locker?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Its all up to you. The only thing is that its not going to be as bad as yo uthink during pick up as far as losing your stuff goes. You're gonna lose pens and crap like that. Boots will be easy. If you keep them in your car then you wont be able to have them until the 4th week at the earliest, but it seems like you already get that. You could keep your cell phone in there also, but again its pretty safe in the contraband locker. And they lock that up on like the 2nd or 3rd day so it is taken before pick up and wont get damaged.

Todd022

I'm driving up too...should I think about getting car cover for my truck? My impression is that my POV is gonna be exposed to the elements out in a parking lot for a month straight, correct?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm driving up too...should I think about getting car cover for my truck? My impression is that my POV is gonna be exposed to the elements out in a parking lot for a month straight, correct?

Because parking it day to day doesn't do the same exact thing?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
if you are keepin stuff in the back then I would reccommend covering it up. It will most likely rain like a mother down there

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
There would have to be a lot of stuff to not fit in the cab. I would recommend storing as much non-essential gear (i.e. cellphone) in your car at first. You can always put it back in the contraband locker after libo.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
I would recommend leaving your cell phone in the contraband locker. If you have a family emergency your staff might let you use their phone, but if you're lucky, they might let you use your cell and go outside. Happened to me.

livefast

You vehicle will be inspected by the staff before the first libo, so it's up to you whether you want to jack around with a car-cover in front of a short-tempered and very pissed off Gunny. My advice: put the cover on AFTER your first libo. And the only thing I would leave in your car is your ipod and your dip.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Hey, just got back from OCS, it's a long story I'll post later in another thread. Anyway, I brought up some broken-in Bates jungles...never saw them again after pickup. It does happen.