• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stressing about DD FORM 2807-2

S

Sharkbait14

I have a lot of questions about the DD FORM 2807-2...

It seems a majority of the posts I have read, seeking some advice, are posted by people who want to be pilots. I am just applying for commission as an officer- and I'm not even sure what program I'm looking for at this point. I have to take the ASTB still. I just know I'm too short to be a pilot.

I went to the NAMI waiver guide and read just about every single section. But, it talks about CD for aviators... are these the same CD's for non-aviators?

I'm going nuts with this because I just received a complete clean bill of health about 1 month ago, but the form asks "do you now, or have you ever had..."

My friend, who's in the Navy already, says answer "no" to everything... but I don't think that's a good way to go. I don't want to be disqualified because of something that was a problem in the past. Any advice??? Am I just reading into this too much??? I'd greatly appreciate anyone's help/opinions on this matter.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
To be in the military you just have to pass the MEPS physical and be within basic standards.

Answer truthfully. But it should be a diagnosed, serious issue. Don't check "back pain" just because your back hurt for a day after you slept on it wrong.

S

Sharkbait14

Thanks Picaroon.

Since they ask for the name of my current and previous doctor, as well as my health insurance information... does that mean they are requesting information? I passed MEPS once... but that was 7 years ago before college- I had a few minor health issues in college... probably from the wonderful food they fed us!

My husband says I'm reading into it too much!!! He's probably right!

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You're nuking this. Only answer yes if you had/have a condition that is serious and may recur. As has been said, you don't need to disclose every time you had a cold.

S

Sharkbait14

I know, I am...

I just really want to do this- finally I am in a position to do it (education, maturity, etc.) and I want to make sure I approach it the right way.

Thanks for the advice!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do you know you're too short to be a pilot? How tall are you, anyway?

Mrs Fester's 5'0" and has her NFO wings and flew off the Boat. It's all about Anthros (do a search for "anthro measurements" and you'll learn more than you wanted to know), not height per se.

As for the medical things, just apply common sense. If something is a persistent, serious health problem (hospitalization? years of treatment?), you should disclose it. They'll find out anyway, and then it'll be a matter of whether it's likely to reoccur. Otherwise, check "no".

S

Sharkbait14

Uncle Fester- I'm 4'10 3/4"... according to the recruiter, I'm too short to fly. Not that flying was really a life long aspiration anyway... I would definitely do it if given the opportunity, but I'm not crushed if I can't.

I think the thing that is "stressing" me out the most is on the form they ask for the doctor's names, addresses, etc. and the current insurance information. So I guess I am just being paranoid they are going to comb through medical records and find some obscure reason to CD me. One of my judges at work is a JAG in the reserve- I'm going to have him go over my application and other forms with a fine tooth comb.

Which, aside from the medical form... I read somewhere don't leave any blanks on your application because it shows you don't pay attention to detail- that you should put NA if it doesn't apply or there isn't an answer. I think that looks very sloppy. There are some places where it's okay... but every single blank spot? That seems obsurd to me. What's your opinion?

I think it boils down to it's something I have wanted to do for a very long time, now I'm finally up to and ready to take on the challenge- and I don't want to mess it up!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Uncle Fester- I'm 4'10 3/4"... according to the recruiter, I'm too short to fly. Not that flying was really a life long aspiration anyway... I would definitely do it if given the opportunity, but I'm not crushed if I can't.

I think the thing that is "stressing" me out the most is on the form they ask for the doctor's names, addresses, etc. and the current insurance information. So I guess I am just being paranoid they are going to comb through medical records and find some obscure reason to CD me. One of my judges at work is a JAG in the reserve- I'm going to have him go over my application and other forms with a fine tooth comb.

Which, aside from the medical form... I read somewhere don't leave any blanks on your application because it shows you don't pay attention to detail- that you should put NA if it doesn't apply or there isn't an answer. I think that looks very sloppy. There are some places where it's okay... but every single blank spot? That seems obsurd to me. What's your opinion?

I think it boils down to it's something I have wanted to do for a very long time, now I'm finally up to and ready to take on the challenge- and I don't want to mess it up!

You are nuking it...WOOOSAAAA (rub your earlobes). :) Anyway, the app you fill out; just fill out the pertinent information that applies to you. When the Navy wants you to fill something out that doesn't apply to you on the application they say so in the instructions.

For example, the drug portion of the application, they say if you have not used then put NONE. Anything else that doesn't apply to you, leave it blank. If you have made any errors, you and your OR are going to go over it really carefully be fore he/she submits.

These OR's are WANTING to help you get selected, so you do need to just follow instructions and let the process work. I know how you feel, I thought the same things, but these people are professionals that are helping you with your kit.

Good luck

P.S. Also, when filling out your academic portion, "reverse chronological order" means most recent first. :)

S

Sharkbait14

Ousooner... I literally laughed out loud when I read wooooosahhhh and rub your earlobes!!! My best friend, who happens to be in the Marine Corp, ALWAYS says that to me when I am "nuking" my brain over mundane crap!!! I now say it to people and they look at me like I am nuts!

Thank you so much for your response! I just dislike my current occupation/career so much, I want to get into the Navy and live up to the potential I know, and others know, I have. There is no glory in being a state employee... at least not in NJ!!!

So maybe I should just suck it up and address whatever concerns I have with the recruiter? I was afraid he might just say "forget it, you won't make it" and give up. I may be small, but I have fight!