• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stressing.....

HarveyBirdman

Okay, So whats the Speed of Dark?
Hi everyone....This may seem like a stupid question.
But when do you finaly realize you made it? (with becoming a fighterpilot)

When can you just breath and not worry about assignments and exams?:banghead_

I seem to be racing to get everything together this year..Trying to work with Fasa, going to a community school..wondering what Uc school I want and can actualy go too..what classes I have to take..will I do well?When should I get Prk?
All these questions are ripping me apart!!!!!!!!

Does it all End After FlightSchool? After I get my wings, will I be able to just worry about flying..and what kinda ride I have?

Stress hurts- Birdman:timebomb2

Remind me That its Worth it.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
HA HA HA HA...

A guy in the FRS recently had a similar whine that he shared with me - something along the lines of "I can't wait until I'm done with all this." I came back with "You mean you can't wait until your career is over?" Because you're always going to be challenged. You figured out the T-34? Great! Here's a completely new aircraft that you need to learn how to fly. You got NATOPS qualified? Great! Here's a thick stack of signoffs you need for your H2P and HAC qualifications. You finally figured out how to balance flying and your ground job? Great! Here's the aircraft you USED to fly, except now you're instructing - and the guy in the right/front seat wants to kill you.

The point is that it never stops - There's always a new hurdle to get through which is usually introduced just as you're getting comfortable with the old hurdles.

At any rate, keep your head up and best of luck.

pdx

HSM Pilot
Not only does the studying never stop, the competition never stops. Oh, and praying for good timing never stops.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HA HA HA HA...

A guy in the FRS recently had a similar whine that he shared with me - something along the lines of "I can't wait until I'm done with all this." I came back with "You mean you can't wait until your career is over?" Because you're always going to be challenged. You figured out the T-34? Great! Here's a completely new aircraft that you need to learn how to fly. You got NATOPS qualified? Great! Here's a thick stack of signoffs you need for your H2P and HAC qualifications. You finally figured out how to balance flying and your ground job? Great! Here's the aircraft you USED to fly, except now you're instructing - and the guy in the right/front seat wants to kill you.

The point is that it never stops - There's always a new hurdle to get through which is usually introduced just as you're getting comfortable with the old hurdles.

At any rate, keep your head up and best of luck.

This is a great, and poorly understood point - kudos for brining it up. There is no rest in Naval Aviation, or any other military endeavor. There is ALWAYS an inspection, or upgrade, or deployment around the corner. It's true that the fleet in no way resembles life in the TRACOM, but it's no walk in the park.

Brett

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

Just do it all a little at a time. It's worth it. The pay rocks and being CO for .5-10 hrs at a time of a $1 million - $35 million flying machine is great.

Stop stressin' and put some of that energy into the individual tasks at hand. Seperate the forest from the trees, eat the elephant one bite at a time, <insert favorite cliche here>, etc.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None

I seem to be racing to get everything together this year..Trying to work with Fasa, going to a community school..wondering what Uc school I want and can actualy go too..what classes I have to take..will I do well?When should I get Prk?

Does it all End After FlightSchool? After I get my wings, will I be able to just worry about flying..and what kinda ride I have?

Man, you seriously need a drink. Everyone worries. Its a matter of ATTITUDE. And nothing ends after flight school. We're Students-For-Life. A Hornet pilot at -10 told us students, "If you aren't challenged or learn something new everytime you climb in that plane, get the fvck out of the Navy." Yea, no joke. Welcome to the "Big Boy" program.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor

Maybe when you turn 15.