• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STS-116 Launch

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
met the pilot (not the MC) a couple years back at Ellington Field while doing an internship. He was an alum of my school, and seemed like a pretty cool guy. Sure someone on AW knows him...

I would be watching if I didn't have a final to take :(

MasterBates

That way, he stays out of the way....

It's no secret, the space program is very heavy with Naval Aviators and NFOs compared to the USAF astronauts.

mts4602

Don't get NASA TV sadly with cable, so I hooked up my laptop to our new 50inch LCD TV:)

It seems it never launches on the first attempt...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was down in Cocoa Beach for the last launch, it was great to see them flying again. Been years since I have seen a night launch, those are pretty damn amazing.

MasterBates

I had tickets for the causeway viewing area, 3 miles from Pad 39B, but she-who-is-insane has them, and would not give them to me...

Hursel110

None
My ship was on guard duty near the booster drop zone during the last night launch back in `02. Spectacular show, to say the least. I'll be watching on TV tomorrow night for sure.

Lawman

None
Dad was on the recovery team stationed at Patrick for the 6 years we were there. Saw every launch when I was a kid from closer then most of the press gets to sit. Was there for a lot of launches, including STS 107 granted I was 3 so all I really realized at the time was that everybody around me was really quiet and something was wrong.

AVDAD

Are they trying again tonight?

I switched over from the football game to Hd Net. It was looking like it was going to be pretty awesome in HD to no avail. Wifey has office Christmas party tonight, hopefully he has Hd Net.

I think I know what you mean,

can understand now though

AvDad

I found the answer on a news site.

Saturday's launch attempt was set for 8:48 p.m. (0148 GMT on Sunday).