• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STUDY MATERIAL

esthys2002

I need help with any tutoring on OAR reading comprehension and mechanical comprehension. Does anyone know a trick to answering the reading comprehension? TIA.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
I need help with any tutoring on OAR reading comprehension and mechanical comprehension. Does anyone know a trick to answering the reading comprehension? TIA.
Plenty of information on the forums under "ASTB", OAR is a part of that test. I don't think there are any "tricks" to reading comprehension... Continue to read books (fiction or non-fiction, whatever interests you) in your free time and if you don't understand certain words or phrases, look them up. That will likely help more than anything else.

Teairax

Hi, can you please update me on your oar score! I’m currently in the process and I’m testing soon. Do you recommend any study guides for the math portion?

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Hi, can you please update me on your oar score! I’m currently in the process and I’m testing soon. Do you recommend any study guides for the math portion?
You'll want to search up the ASTB/ OAR portion on this forum.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
I hired a tutor, but mainly YouTube videos help tremendously. By doing the problems with the person rather than just watching them. YouTube OAR prep

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
That’s one of my biggest struggles as well. Do you have any suggestions for it? Have you taken the test recently?
I took the test back in Jan. And If your search oarprep on youtube those videos are tremendously helpful. At the time I was studying my OAR I was also finishing the last 3 classes of my degree in business plus I was in a time crunch to turn in my package, give yourself ample time to study and just dedicate a session each day until it becomes natural.

Math was always my stronger subjects but even I needed refreshers before I jumped right in the test. The astb book also had similar questions on the OAR, almost identical. It’s about timing