• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Studying for the Officer Aptitude Rating

namehasLuck

Hello everyone:

I am a new member here looking to find some excellent guides for preparing for the Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR). I have decided not to pursue an aviation position, so no ASTB for me. Does anyone have any recommendations for books (such as Barron's, CliffNotes, etc.) or other study materials for the OAR?

Thank you and good luck to everyone seeking an Officer career in America's Navy.

exNavyOffRec

Hello everyone:

I am a new member here looking to find some excellent guides for preparing for the Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR). I have decided not to pursue an aviation position, so no ASTB for me. Does anyone have any recommendations for books (such as Barron's, CliffNotes, etc.) or other study materials for the OAR?

Thank you and good luck to everyone seeking an Officer career in America's Navy.

Most people do an introduction saying something about themselves, their background, as well as the designators they wish to try for so they can get some advice on their stats and future plans.

Renegade One

None
Hello everyone: I am a new member here looking to find some excellent guides for preparing for the Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR).

Um...yeah..I'm sure there is some good gouge out there…but it's called an "Aptitude Rating" for a reason. Aptitude is something you learned at home…on your parents' knees…on Grandma's knees...in grade school…in high school…in college...all of your life. If you don't feel you have "the aptitude" at this point, I'm not exactly sure you can study for it. You have "aptitude" or not. Any more than you can study to be "more handsome".
If you go to the ASTB section of this forum, there is plenty of study material and tips to check out.
Do that, I guess….seems like everyone else does...
Most people do an introduction saying something about themselves, their background, as well as the designators they wish to try for so they can get some advice on their stats and future plans.
Good "Welcome to the Fray" post. I agree.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
I'd been out of algebra 10 years and busted my tail for a couple of weeks studying every last study guide out there (not really an exaggeration). I found the materials I needed on the ASTB section of the website. Just dig in, it'll come back.