• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Subspecialty Codes

Can anyone shed some light on subspecialty codes and which ones are best to work towards to facilitate career advancement as a naval officer?

Probably a bit early for you to concern yourself with this stuff, but here you go:
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/noc/NOOCSVol1/Documents/Manual I 41_PT_B (SSP).pdf
Agreed, I have been reading a book that mentioned them and was curious but thanks for the post. Do you know which types are generally best to work towards? I would assume that very specific ones do not give very much advantage except in one area whereas a specialty code in say financial admin would be applicable to a broader area and thus open more doors. Is that sound logic?

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
They are all very specific and will only open the doors that apply or that you are interested in. I have the financial management code and it has gotten me....nothing. If I were to get released by my detailer for god knows what reason, then it could open some doors into doing something in that field.