• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Suggestions on test retake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stlpilot

Well I just got my 1.5 year old scores from my recruiter:

OAR: 41
PFAR: 6
AQR: 4

Man I think those scores suck, he said they were slightly above average when I took it but then said this time of year you probably need an OAR above 50, PFAR at least 7, and AQR of at least 6

Would you guys agree that this is probably the minimum you need to be competative? He also said that the SNA program is open but very very competative. He said the recruiters are notified if the program is closed. Just thought Id mention that since I see that a lot of you guys said forget bout it till May. He also mentioned that the recruiters will get a status sheet in January telling them what the status is for all programs. So would you guys retake the test? My recruiters suggestion was to go ahead and send in the preliminary paper work with my current scores, then wait to see if Navy is interested, and if they are, submit a complete package, if their not interested then retake the test. Sounded like a okay plan. But if I understand right when you send in a preliminary package it only contains(transcrips, one letter of Rec from an employer, test scores, and an officer application) Well if thats all you send in those seems to be all my week points since my GPA was 2.8. Not much for the preliminary board to look at. Thanks for any suggestions.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Concur.....or get the gouge from the posted websites in the ASTB topic forum!
ea6bflyr [^]

stevew

I just took my ASTB and these werew my scores:

OAR: 48
PFAR: 5
AQR: 5

You guys think I should retake it again or are these scores competitive enough to put in an app?

-Steve

Goliath112

well if you studied real hard before the test then I think you should keep the scores. If you didn't study much then you might want to retake it after studying more. I think those scores are good, but lately its been hell to get in with scores that are much higher

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey,

Stevew ....... take it again. I just got my bad news ..... rejected for both SNA and NFO. I had 5's across the board and an OAR of 48. They are not bad scores but if you can do better then do it ...... My recruiter seems to think that my 2.5 (don't everyone laugh at once)was the main culprit but who knows. As every one can see I am a little bitter but hey ...... I'm going to try the other services. Good luck!

Peace,

-Spin

budaploud

I know guys with 2.5's that have been accepted...retake the test and do very well. That, combined with good references and a few string-pulls should help you out....just my two cents

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Budaploud,

def going to retake ... I have to in order to qualify for the marines. I have a 5,5, and they want 5,6. As far as NAVY ... I'm 27 so I think my age has pretty much shot down that avenue. Any other suggestions would be warmly welcomed.

Peace,

-Spin

BONE77

Hey Spin,
Had the same scores on the ASTB, I'm going to take again. Mine were 5's with a 47, got shot down for pilot and NFO. Don't kill yourself over it bro. They are not taking anybody except 4.0 students with a grad degree and a perfect ASTB. I had five years of prior service, and a 3.2 from Embry-Riddle. That would have been goog to go a year ago, and you would have been also. Just keep trying, go to the Marines, do what you have to do. Good luck bro.

stevew

Hey Bone and Spin,

Just curious, what did your LOR's and PRT look like? seems like 5's won't cut it even ifeverything else is great. I have a 3.5 but I'm not sending in an app until I have my PRK done.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Steveew,

My PRT was 80 sit ups, 105 push ups and 10:09 run. Ltrs were from my flight instructor, Dean of Syracuse University School of Music (my school - go Orangemen), Senior level FAA Safety Inspector who was prior Navy, 2 Senior Level bosses from my last Record Label job who I worked under. Needless to say, I know all of these people so the letters were outstanding, even my recruiter said that he hasn't seen letters this good. Guess it's just not my time but I'm going to get there somehow. But with your 3.5 you might have a better shot than me as i had a 2.5.

Peace,

Spin

stevew

Spin,
I dunno, it all sounds pretty good to me. Doesn't seem like I'd have a chance if you didn't. Do your guys wanna write my LOR's too? j/k
drunk_125.gif
I guess that means that you have flight time too. Your PRT seem pretty impressive. Doesn't seem like I have a fighting chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.