• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

superhornet safety data

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I am working on a weapons presentation at NSI currently and I am having trouble finding statistical data pertainng to aircraft safety for the F/A 18 E/F. I was hoping that someone out there could steer me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am working on a weapons presentation at NSI currently and I am having trouble finding statistical data pertainng to aircraft safety for the F/A 18 E/F. I was hoping that someone out there could steer me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Feddoc is correct in pointing you to the the Naval Safety Center. There is an Analyst there for all major platforms such as the F/A-18 and Mishap Investigators chockful of stories and expertise as well as HAL (computer) that all analysts have access to with all the data sliced and diced anyway you want it. Recommend you contact the Code 11 (Aviation) Hornet Analyst* and see what's available.

*Aircraft Operations Analyst: FA-18, E/F, EF-18G
(757) 444-3520 ext. 7217, DSN (564)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A word of warning...they want to know you have a legitimate need for the info. When I submitted my request a few months ago, the form wanted a .mil email and the woman on the phone (who was very helpful) wanted to make sure I was legit. Not hard to do for me, but as an STA applicant, it might be more difficult.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Feddoc is correct in pointing you to the the Naval Safety Center. There is an Analyst there for all major platforms such as the F/A-18 and Mishap Investigators chockful of stories and expertise as well as HAL (computer) that all analysts have access to with all the data sliced and diced anyway you want it. Recommend you contact the Code 11 (Aviation) Hornet Analyst* and see what's available.

*Aircraft Operations Analyst: FA-18, E/F, EF-18G
(757) 444-3520 ext. 7217, DSN (564)

Thanks, I was looking for that number...class desk??..... but couldn't find it.