• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Officer to SWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcb747

Just a quick question to those on active duty. Can you request a change in your designator once accepted? My understanding is that a Supply Officer slot is easier to get into and some can be SWO rated.
I heard that SWO slots will not open til FY 2004 so I was wondering if I can take the supply officer route to SWO? Or is this even possible at all? Any insight would be much appreciated. thanks.

Jeff29

Science Project
Yes you can change your designator. You must serve 24 months in your original designator (48 months if you become warfare qualified). You just put a package in to the transfer/redesignation board

A question for current aviators: If the SWO slots are full (I assume that means they have enough), why are aviators having to do disassociated tours?

marcb747

Thanks Jeff. Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by 'warfare qualified'? Also, is this an easy process and what are the chances to get a redesignation?
I'm thinking whether I wanna do just that or if I just wait for FY 2004 for a shot at SWO. It just seems too long and I want to serve at the soonest possible time. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.