• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

surgery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidrwmn

I had a chilazian (like a sty) that got really out of control. So I had surgery twice on my lower eye lid to get rid of it. The dr. made some incisions (sp?) twice on the inside of my eye lid and one incision on the outside (got the stitches out on Fri). Does anyone think this will be a problem (NFO or SWO)? Thanks!

- spider

FlyFast

Just an opinion .......If no incision was made to the eye ball you will be fine. Reason I say PRK is now being accepted if unfamiliar similar to Lasik. You hasve no problems in my EYES.........later Patrick

Hudson

I wouldn't withold any information that they could later dig up. The military can due some pretty heavy stuff leagaly if they catch it. Little things like jail time if it is serious enough. Just a thought from an older applicant.
Hudson

kaiangel

As for SWO, that shouldn't be any problem at all. I have had two Initial aviation physicals so far and they are very picky about eyes, however your problem was on the lid. I don't think that would matter at all. I personally would not tell them, but that is just me. I have been in the Navy for 6 years and one thing that I have learned is not to volunteer information. There is no big penalty, the worst they can do is kick you out or switch you to a different designator.

Status
Not open for further replies.