• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swim Qual at DEP meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

What up fellas(guys and dolls),

At my last DEP meeting, San Diego, we completed a class I swim qual. I was wondering if any other recruiting offices did this during any of their DEP meetings?

snorkel_125.gif

Jonah

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
What are you in DEP for? Sounds like a motivated district.

Dave

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Jonah,
Can you explain what usually goes on at these DEP meetings?
-Greg

Slick

I am in DEP for NFO. We have all types of designators in the San Diego DEP pool; SNA's, SNFO's, Nukes, crypto's, nurses and supply dudes. We meet once a month as a group. Our last meeting was the swim qual. The meeting before that was a tour on the Stennis (CVN-74). We also do the PRT when there is no scheduled trip or event. Sounds like other recruiting offices don't do these types of things. We even were tested on “the big three” at one of the meetings.

ryan77

Hey Jonah,

Seems like we're the only district that has these DEP meetings. Have you heard what we're doing this Saturday? I haven't received the email yet.

- RC

BYSun

Ryan77,

I am new to the DEP meetings in San Diego. I got the email from LCDR Toppin that we are doing PT. Since I am new perhaps you or Jonah can explain what kind of PT this means. Are we to run the entire PT test or just do some running and calisthenics. See you Saturday.

Thanks,
Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

Slick

Ryan and Bryce,

I talked with LCDR Toppin today and he told me that we are going to do the PRT. Bryce, that means we are going to do timed push ups, sit ups and the 1.5 mile run. After the PRT we are done for the day. The only question now is where are we going to do it? All the bases will be on THREAT CON Charlie, which means only essential personnel we be allowed on any of the bases. And as DEPers, we are obviously not essential. In any event we will get an e-mail tonight. See you guys on Saturday.

Jonah

Status
Not open for further replies.