• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Switching OCS increments

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcats4life

I have been accepted for PLC Jrs. this summer and am slated to go 2nd increment. My study abroad begins end of July though and I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to switch to first increment. Of course OCS is my #1 priority, so if I can't switch I'll be there 2nd increment, but if its possible to get the best of both, that would be rather nice. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Crowbar

None
Your OSO/MOI can help you out with this better than anybody here can. But to answer your question, people change all the time. I think more commonly you see people go from 1st to 2nd, but ask, and the sooner the better.

Gonzodogg

bcats4life:

I am in a very similar situation and I recently changed from 2nd to 1st with no problem. Just talk to your OSO.

ChrisAg05

Does anyone have an opinion on which increment would be better? I've heard that area is humid as hell during the summer, so it seems that the 1st increment would be better based on just that.

Crowbar

None
Each bears its own resemblance to hell. 1st increment it rains all the time. 2nd increment it doesn't rain much but the temperature and humidity race to 100 every day. Being a heat casualty ain't fun. But neither is being wet for six weeks.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Originally posted by Crowbar
Each bears its own resemblance to hell. 1st increment it rains all the time. 2nd increment it doesn't rain much but the temperature and humidity race to 100 every day. Being a heat casualty ain't fun. But neither is being wet for six weeks.

HaHa! Oh the things to look forward to!

Sente

Even better.... wait til you graduate, then go summer OCS where you get 5 weeks of each. Wait....... are those snakes poisoneous?

Status
Not open for further replies.