• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Officer Interview

Hello all,

I'm currently applying for OCS and my recruiter is recommending that I have an interview with a current SWO and I was wondering if anyone knew of a person who would be willing to help out in the DC/VA/MD area. I know this is an aviator forum but SailorBob does not let civilians join and I'm still waiting to hear back from them for an exception. If anyone has any advice for how to get in touch with a current SWO officer to set this up I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Current package: SWO/Intel/Supply
Vitals(if at all relevant):
-27 y/o
-5'7"
-155 lbs
-52 on the OAR
-3.25 GPA with a double major from the University of Pittsburgh

exNavyOffRec

There are other threads that have info on this type of thing, if you are civilian an officer interview adds little value, your employer LOR's are much more valuable.

If you were to do an interview with a SWO that did not understand the OCS process that could sink you.

BigRed389

None
2 things:

1) You can join Sailorbob...there are a few civilians on that site. PM me if you need help figuring out the spam poster filter.

2) If you're in the DC area, the Surface Navy Association has a big Symposium there next month (every January). It is also open to civilians (though you have to pay a small fee).

I'd recommend posting on Sailorbob, and seeing if you can maybe meet up with one of them that will be there. In addition to being a good opportunity to set up an interview, you'll also get a chance to learn a lot about the community.