• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO where do I stand & ASTB

TruWrrs

Hello All! First of all Thank You for your time.

I was interested in any constructive input/feedback on my chances of getting selected as a SWO officer possibly Aviation or Intel. My credentials are below. Additionally I was a CNC machinist and worked as an auto mechanic before starting college. Physically I am a recently lean 170 6’0 and just ran a half-marathon in 1:49. I have never taken calculus but am considering it this summer at a local college.

Age 26
Graduate: Marquette University
Major: Public Relations
Minor: Economics
GPA: 3.0

Also, my brother is an enlisted nuclear tech and graduated top of his class. I know I am not my brother just curious if they look at this. We are both Asian-Americans. I have no idea if that makes a difference?

I think I would need an ASTB score around 50 to be qualified?

BigRed389

None
Hello All! First of all Thank You for your time.

I was interested in any constructive input/feedback on my chances of getting selected as a SWO officer possibly Aviation or Intel. My credentials are below. Additionally I was a CNC machinist and worked as an auto mechanic before starting college. Physically I am a recently lean 170 6’0 and just ran a half-marathon in 1:49. I have never taken calculus but am considering it this summer at a local college.

Age 26
Graduate: Marquette University
Major: Public Relations
Minor: Economics
GPA: 3.0

Also, my brother is an enlisted nuclear tech and graduated top of his class. I know I am not my brother just curious if they look at this. We are both Asian-Americans. I have no idea if that makes a difference?

I think I would need an ASTB score around 50 to be qualified?

It all boils down to whether or not the Navy needs officers, and specifically, SWO/Aviation/Intel types.

For SWO, assuming they need bodies, I'd say you're solid. But your recruiter would know best what's competitive at the moment.

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
The OAR portion is what is important for SWOs. Check around here for what has been competitive lately.

Oh, and +1 for being from MU. Go Warriors!