• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34 Formation Video

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pretty nice. I graduated from high school there in Moreno Valley. But that was a long, long time ago.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Checkpoints? you got me man I don't have enough hours to do formation, just front seat stuff.

Moreno valley no kiddin' ... small world. I graduated out in Riverside.

Thanks for the feedback guys

invertedflyer

I'm trying to get a backseat ride in an L29 for this Friday, I should be able to get some good footage so standby for that. cheers.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, it's also called combat cruise. Primary forms are only really useful for coming into the break and looking good. Like a lot of Primary, it's all an airwork drill to make you better.

invertedflyer

Also the zoom on my digital camera really doesn't show how close he is... I'd have to zoom it about 30% for it to look accurate. Good stuff.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
zippy said:
Different aircraft... same checkpoints don't exist.

The T34B (in video) is not that much different than the T34C as far as external checkpoints for formation flight. The other explanation (combat cruise) makes a lot more sense...but maybe thats just me...

Camera zoom shouldn't make much of a difference for the formation checkpoints. Anyway, its cool regardless...

invertedflyer

T-34A, no different than the B really. I wasn't referring to the checkpoints, just throwing in that the video doesn't do the closure justice. My pilot was using the trim tab lined up with the rearmost rivet line of the cowling as a checkpoint. Thanks for the feedback.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
invertedflyer said:
T-34A, no different than the B really. I wasn't referring to the checkpoints, just throwing in that the video doesn't do the closure justice. My pilot was using the trim tab lined up with the rearmost rivet line of the cowling as a checkpoint. Thanks for the feedback.

No worries...just a different way of doing formations...no big deal...

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
invertedflyer said:
I'm trying to get a backseat ride in an L29 for this Friday, I should be able to get some good footage so standby for that. cheers.

That will be fun. I've flown an L39 a couple of times and that was a blast!

invertedflyer

I wish we had L39s, nice aircraft, brings back images of that first scene in "Goldeneye" :) Hopefully I'll get some good footage from the flight (if it happens). The pilot is the top guy on the "Thunder Delphins", which performs at airshows mostly here in Calif. in their L29s ....time will tell.