• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34 Model for X-plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
haven't used it, but...

the t-34 doesn't have ILS, so the CDI is incorrectly modeled. Also, no green or yellow coloring on the airspeed indicator. otherwise it looks pretty good.

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
I've tried it...

...and it's okay, a few little things: she don't spin like in real life, although X-plane is much better at modelling the planes that do; airspeeds are way off in relation to power setting in S/L flight, i.e. you have to go to idle and 60 kts to land, as 85 kts in X-plane is for some reason nothing like the nice and easy approach (believe it when you get to Fam 1) that the real Turbo Weenie has. Otherwise it's nice, I admit chair flying in it a little just to get the pattern down, but due to the weird stuff it's more effective to use the microsims at the squadron, even though they don't spin either and you can do a sideways cross-controlled recovery climbout at 40 kts/90 AOB/50' AGL by holding full "up" rudder. Only try this at home.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
ENSsquid said:
haven't used it, but...

the t-34 doesn't have ILS, so the CDI is incorrectly modeled. Also, no green or yellow coloring on the airspeed indicator. otherwise it looks pretty good.

ILS means...what? I've made up what I think ILS and CDI stand for in my head, I wanna see how close I got.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Goddamnit. I was WAY off.

I had ILS as Instrument Lighting System and CDI as C...something or other Display Indicator.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Wow! I'm glad to see that people have actually used this thing.

I actually created this plane for X-plane when I was back in primary. I used an older T-34 model and tweaked some things to make it as close to a Navy T-34C as possible.

X-plane has some limitations for panels and gagues, so I admit that this isn't exactly like the real deal, but it is as close as I could do (without devoting days and weeks to get it to perfection). Regarding the spins, I haven't been able to effectively spin any aircraft in a flight simulator, but full aft/lateral stick with full rudder will get you pretty close in x-plane.

I really made this to assist in my chair-flying and practice instrument approaches. I use a Mac, so the microsim was not an option for me. Since I put all this work into creating the plane, I thought I'd post it up for other people to share. It is by no means a substitute for the real thing, or even the real instrument sims, but it should serve as a good "advanced" chair-flying technique.

If anyone else has flown this plane in x-plane, I'd be curious to hear your feedback too.

PS: It is also the only place you will ever get to land a T-34 on a carrier! :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
handjive said:
PS: It is also the only place you will ever get to land a T-34 on a carrier! :)

*cough* Microsoft Flight Simulator *cough* ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
handjive said:
I stand corrected. My non-microsoft-using-as$ didn't know that.

Yeah, they did it first, way before X-Plane was born. CVNs have been "easter eggs" in MSFS scenery for a long time.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
i only know of the san fransisco one out pas the gg bridge... there are more? do they have ILS/tacans?

edit: I'm probably asking for a lot from microshaft.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ENSsquid said:
i only know of the san fransisco one out pas the gg bridge... there are more? do they have ILS/tacans?

edit: I'm probably asking for a lot from microshaft.

Yeah there are more. Not sure if they have ILS or TACAN. You can't really get TACAN in MSFS without an add-on anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.