• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook fleet fly-in & O-club Mixer 7JUN13

Renegade One

None
There was another thread asking how "Plane Spotters" knew when military aircraft were going to fly in somewhere.

This is one way. Not that there's anything wrong with them knowing, I don't think.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
News flash:

With sequestration tightening the belt of even the most prestigious Naval traditions, Washington good idea fairys have mandated that all fly-ins be conducted via VTC...welcome to the new Navy.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We could have sent a bird but we're busy with boat ops. Too bad there isn't any money for TDY these days.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
News flash:

With sequestration tightening the belt of even the most prestigious Naval traditions, Washington good idea fairys have mandated that all fly-ins be conducted via VTC...welcome to the new Navy.

I'm going to fly in via simulator. It provides the same quality of training as actually flying, or at least that what it said on the bottle of kool-aide I just drank....

OscarMyers

None
It was a good time, they had quite a few pointy Boeing products to check out. Free beer and talking shop with fleet Aviators. Kind of makes me sad that more VT-10 studs didn't show up to take advantage of the knowledge.