• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Terrorist Sailor

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
AbuJihaad...you have got to be kidding me. How did he get a clearance with a name like that? :eek:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fvcking scumbag, putting his own shipmates' lives in jeopardy. :icon_rage I hope he rides the lightning for this.

Brett

ajosephb

He won't..

The politicians have not had the BALLS to let us kill a spy since the 50's...

Terrorist spies should die. Have to send a "message". Particularly if the information that was relayed directly resulted in the deaths of servicemembers.

Seems like a pretty easy decision to me.

Especially in a time of war.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Fvcking scumbag, putting his own shipmates' lives in jeopardy. :icon_rage I hope he rides the lightning for this.

Brett
You know Brett, in 1984 while returning from WESTPAC, one of the sailors on my ship, was thrown overboard in the middle of the night because he was caught stealing from the shipmates in his berthing compartment. The next morning, a search commenced and he was found by an H-3 crew almost eight hours after being thrown overboard. They immediately transferred the guy from the ship, to the Kitty Hawk, and ultimately, to the east coast. Nothing was done to the crew who was supected of commiting the offense. I say when these fvck stains get caught like this guy, we force them to go back to the command where they perpetrated the offense and let "blue shirt" justice run its due course!

Lawman

None
He won't..

The politicians have not had the BALLS to let us kill a spy since the 50's...

God damn I wish they would let us bring that back. Especially in situations like this one. I understood not excecuting captured spies during the Cold War, they were worth more to you as bargaining chips to get your own men back. You may in effect help to offset some of the losses suffered when your spy was interrogated if you can get him out fast enough or if you learned enough from your prisoner to offset your loss. But seriously that was war with a super power, Al Queda and its terrorist ilk are not Super Powers. We have no hope of trading our guys for their guys because we've already adopted the general idea that we wont negotiate (and there by legitimize) their regimes. All were gonna do with this guy is what, give him a trial and hold him indefinately with the slim chance he may give us enough of what limited info he has to maybe catch his handler, but in the day of email and electronic everything you dont need to ever even be in this country to transfer classified data so fat chance of that ever happening. God we act like if we kill this guy we will be "loosing what makes us better" then the terrorists. BS, we enjoy freedoms because we are willing to put a bullet in the head of anyone that would subvert that freedom and put the lives of our citizens and their freedoms at risk. Take him out back after his trial and lets have ourselves the firing squad he deserves. If it was good enough for our forefathers it should be damned sure good enough for today.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
God damn I wish they would let us bring that back. Especially in situations like this one. I understood not excecuting captured spies during the Cold War, they were worth more to you as bargaining chips to get your own men back. You may in effect help to offset some of the losses suffered when your spy was interrogated if you can get him out fast enough or if you learned enough from your prisoner to offset your loss. But seriously that was war with a super power, Al Queda and its terrorist ilk are not Super Powers. We have no hope of trading our guys for their guys because we've already adopted the general idea that we wont negotiate (and there by legitimize) their regimes. All were gonna do with this guy is what, give him a trial and hold him indefinately with the slim chance he may give us enough of what limited info he has to maybe catch his handler, but in the day of email and electronic everything you dont need to ever even be in this country to transfer classified data so fat chance of that ever happening. God we act like if we kill this guy we will be "loosing what makes us better" then the terrorists. BS, we enjoy freedoms because we are willing to put a bullet in the head of anyone that would subvert that freedom and put the lives of our citizens and their freedoms at risk. Take him out back after his trial and lets have ourselves the firing squad he deserves. If it was good enough for our forefathers it should be damned sure good enough for today.

It's less about balls and more about the practicalities of trying these guys. Most espionage cases are plead out to avoid a trial which would almost certainly result in disclosure of various classified things. In order to get the death penalty, you'd need the case to be tried, hence (in practice) no death penalty for spies.

Brett

Birdman

assuming of course that you have to try them. Instead of filing charges maybe we should just arrange to have them hit by a truck..

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's less about balls and more about the practicalities of trying these guys. Most espionage cases are plead out to avoid a trial which would almost certainly result in disclosure of various classified things. In order to get the death penalty, you'd need the case to be tried, hence (in practice) no death penalty for spies.

Brett

Hey, Brett is actually gaining some knowledges in college.......:D Agree wholeheartedly with Brett, reference what I said in an earlier thread:

There is a very good reason that we don't hang that many spies anymore, information. I had an in-brief where I now work from a former general counsel for the agency. He had taken part in the prosecution of several spies during his career in the counsel's office. He said the agencies affected and the Justice Department usually preferred to get a spy to plead guilty and cooperate.

Why make a deal with a traitor? To find out who their controller or contact was, how did they pass the information, was anyone else involved and most importantly, what information he or she gave up. All of that kind of information is extremely valuable in determining much damage has been caused by the spy and it helps a lot with damage control. The former counsel also described the hardball the prosecutors play with the accused. Among other things they threaten them with the seizure of their houses and nearly all possesions that could have been bought with their ill-gotten gains. If the guy has a wife and family, like in Robert Hanssen's case, that can be pretty important. It is a carrot and stick approach, where the carrot is a long prison sentence. Not only that, many of these guys have an inflated sense of self-importance and they still feel very important when the government is trying to get information about their spying activity.

Executing the spy is usually not going to get you all that information.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133349&page=2&highlight=spying