• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Test Pilot Stories

VMO4

I am in a local Civic Leadership Organization here in West Central Florida. One of the other members who I have gotten to know a little is a retired Capt., former CO of VX-1. We were at a function the other night and I got him telling stories. My favorite was when somebody decided to see what would happen if you fired all the zuni's out of the tube from a hover. There must be some other stories from people here worth telling....

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
VX-1 is operational test, and I could be wrong but the pilots are not graduates of TPS. That would be VX-20 or other developmental test squadrons.

Jokingly, it seems that VP test is a bunch of people sitting around doing nothing since all our complaints about limits seem to be answered with “well they never tested that.”

NoMoreMrNiceGuy

None
VX-1 is operational test, and I could be wrong but the pilots are not graduates of TPS. That would be VX-20 or other developmental test squadrons.

Jokingly, it seems that VP test is a bunch of people sitting around doing nothing since all our complaints about limits seem to be answered with “well they never tested that.”
VX-1 Alum, had both the CO and COTD (O-6s) be prior TPS guys as well as some of the hinges. JO-wise we had a fair amount of folks who didn't get picked up their first look at TPS get selected on the 2nd (maybe 3rd) look at it. Even had a guy pick up Empire Test School, which was freaking awesome for him. We did primarily OT, but frequently DT as well as part of the Integrated Test teams for our various platforms. Great atmosphere, great people, and great to get some of that defense acquisition stink on you for later in life!

Last edited: