• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

texas bases

staff03

Just wondering on when you make your "dream sheet" of where you want to be stationed, would the fact that your wife is a Texas certified lawyer carry any weight at all? Also, which Texas base is the best pick from anyone who has been stationed here?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you peruse the forums, you'll see that in all assignments especially flight school, needs of the service prevail. Although you can request assignment to a pipeline associated with a base in Texas or later return as an instructor, what you get is ultimately decided based on those needs weighed against your performance (unless there are special conditions/needs and having a wife licensed to practice law in Texas isn't one of them).

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I really want to help answer your question, but it displays such a lack of understanding of the entire process, I can't figure out where to begin. Read some of the threads on flight school, do some searches and then if you have some questions please ask.

I believe what he's saying is we don't have any fleet squadrons there so filling out a dream sheet and asking for Texas is a nonstarter except for part of your flight school and shore assignment as an instructor. By then, you will already had to pull her out of Texas for your FRS training and subsequent first fleet tour, which last 3-4 years soooo you better be looking at where she'd like to practice coincident with a Master jet base unless you are planning to be a Geo Bachelor. Good friend of mine has a wife who is a lawyer and she managed to find gainful employment in San Diego and Washington DC area as he moved for different assignments. She actually did better because of the moves.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just wondering on when you make your "dream sheet" of where you want to be stationed, would the fact that your wife is a Texas certified lawyer carry any weight at all? Also, which Texas base is the best pick from anyone who has been stationed here?

That's precious...

Not how the process works at all, dude. All the Navy bases in Texas are for training (CC/K-ville), shoes (Ingleside), and Reserves (Ft Worth). As mentioned, the Sweep 53's at Corpus are moving to Nawfick soon.

Hope you don't feel too picked-on here. If you'd asked someone that question when you got to the TRACOM, you'd never hear the end of it.

BTHO t.u.!

Nose

pilot
It would be easier for your wife to study and take the bar in another state then for you to get based in TX...

The problem with lawyers is that 99% of them make the other 1% look bad...