• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Text of the Oath

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I got this off wikipedia and just wanted to run it by some folks who have taken the oath several times. It the following the full and accurate text of the oath of office of Naval Officers?

I, [name], do solemnly swear, (or affirm,) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. (So help me God.)

Clux4

Banned
I think it is cool when an officer has the oath(both Enlisted and Officer) memorized rather than having their face glued to the card.

I know the officer oath pretty good. But no soo much the enlisted.

Lobster

This is what was said when I swore in the other day.

"I (state name), do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United Staes against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States, and the orders of the officers appointed aver me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

could be different for officers though I'm not sure, I'm just a seaman :icon_tong

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
If you're reenlisting someone, do everyone a favor and memorize the oath.

E2Cougar

NFO
None
Officer Voluntary Oath (upon promotion):

I, (name), do solemnly reaffirm that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic, that I will continue to bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution and the Country whose course it directs, and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation. So help me God.