• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thai Officer Pay

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
A friend and I were golfing at the Don Muang Royal Thai Air Force Base in Bangkok and met a couple of their pilots. My friend and I were both wondering what kind of salary these guys were making but didn't want to ask. Anyone do a joint tour with the Thais?

We found out that their Officers get to golf there free. Green fees, clubs, caddies, and drinks. Everything. :) Not too shabby. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Thai Air pilots on the 747 used to get @ $1500/month and a bag of rice. I'm not kidding ... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
In all seriousness, Thai Air is one of the best airlines I've flown on.

In all seriousness ... :D .... you wouldn't say that if you had sat in a simulator w/ some of their pilots. Or deadheaded to HKG on one of their aircraft -- it brings a whole new meaning to the term "dead"head ... :)

One should not confuse cabin service w/ pilot competence.

snake020

Contributor
/slight threadjack

I have a friend, '05 grad of The Citadel, who is a 1st Lt in the Taiwanese Army. He now makes US $1363 a month, which he made it clear to me is slightly more than a boot recruit in DoD.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Yup, I've flown on both. Maybe I just had great crews on the half dozen or so flights I flew on Thai Air but I really thought it was quite a bit better.

Thai Air food - OUTSTANDING!
Thai Air stews - GREAT!
Thai Air planes - CRAP! Some of them might be new, but they don't have ANY Gucci entertainment features.

I know nothing about the mechanical condition of their planes nor about their pilot competancy.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Thai Air food - OUTSTANDING!
Thai Air stews - GREAT!
Thai Air planes - CRAP! Some of them might be new, but they don't have ANY Gucci entertainment features.

I know nothing about the mechanical condition of their planes nor about their pilot competancy.

It's like Deja vue... but something changed! Shit, they changed the Matrix!!

:D