• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thanks for the BOOM

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
WOWSA, WOWSA !!!!

Today ... while drivin' past the old bombing range @ Boardman ... I was mentally drifting and lost in some long ago thoughts of B.J. and Bill, who had died there when the wing came off their bird on the 7th dive bombing run -- the same plane I had flown the day before, doing the same mission -- and thinking about the 3 days we spent on the range, walking the crash site ... searching for anything ... we found Bill's wedding ring ...

WHEN SUDDENLY MY MELANCHOLY WAS BROKEN BY THE UNDERSIDE AND SOUND OF AN A-6 BOOMIN' THE COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE ... (O.K. ... make that an EA-6, but it looked good and looked the part when his belly was turned toward me ... :D)
.... he was up ... he was down ... he was yankin' and bankin' ... he was haulin' ass ... then he popped up on the Washington side and kept on goin' in the general direction of Whidbey ... probably talkin' to SEA Center for a radar pick-up ...

It was a perfect moment.

But no matter what it was ... I considered it a moment for 'me' and a salute for my dead squadron mates ...

Thanks, whoever it was ... :thumbup_1:thumbup_1

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Here's to them who walked before us!

84 on the Gorge is always fun and beautiful to drive through.