• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The All Mighty Huey

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
Hello!

Flight contract looking to learn a bit more about Super Huey’s (Bell UH-1Y Venom). It looks like one of the most interesting platforms that the USMC has.

- How long can we expect the Huey to stick around before being phased out/replaced with a new aircraft?

- What is the usual availability of Hueys after completion of flight school? (Fully aware that it is best to do as well as you can and see what is available but I’d like to see if they’re selling like hotcakes to young SNA’s, similar to the C-130 or F-35.)

- What is the main role of the Huey within The Corps? I once saw rockets mounted on the side, does it do any attack missions or solely transport?

- What are the flight hours like? Limited?

- For all the pilots out there, what is your favorite part about flying the Huey?

At fleet week in NYC I was lucky enough to see The All Mighty Huey in all its glory on the USS Bataan. As a bonus, the pilot increased the cool factor by a couple percentage points.

All responses appreciated. Thank you.

Huey pilot and currently in an operational squadron. Hit me up on a PM with any questions you may have and I'd be happy to have a conversation.