• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Early Bird is Dead

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Prior to email and the internet, I remember when it is used to be a daily morning fax we received. All the articles were cut out of the respective newspapers and put together that way. Its kind of disappointing that it has gone away, but there are quite a few more outlets and avenues to get yours news from while in the military (both unclass and classified) to keep up with your SA. I still read through it on my last tour in, the online version, it was a convenient compilation of the military/defense related news.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OSD and CHINFO still put out essentially the same product as the EB.

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
The beauty of the EB was that the boat downloaded it in PDF for you so rivercity whatever didn't ruin your connection to the real world. Now it's gone.

Pags

N/A
pilot
My boat would donwload the NY Times Mil edition and post it on the ship's sharepoint. I'm sure a ship's C5 Officer could work out a similar function with the NY Times or one of the other sources that Brett mentioned if interest was shown.

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
When we flew the CVBG Admiral around he'd give me his copy when he finished, and then zzzzzzz out until we "Charled". He later told me that was the only peace and quiet he had! LOL