• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Exodus begins (Farewell Dear Brunswick, We Knew Thee Well)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So it begins, the first Squadron of P-3s to depart Brunswick never to return, has started its last deployment from Brunswick and will return to its new home in Jacksonville. The remaining squadrons will follow in relatively short order.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Last I heard was that we're still allowed to select Brunswick, at least out of Corpus. We'll select one more time at -30 from what I understand so we'll see more then.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Last I heard was that we're still allowed to select Brunswick, at least out of Corpus. We'll select one more time at -30 from what I understand so we'll see more then.

There's four squadrons affected so they'll be taking people aboard at Brunswick over next year (although at a diminishing rate as they depart one by one until last one leaves a year from now). Select away as long as you realize you'll end up in Jax before your tour ends.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Results of the latest BRAC which also consolidated the National Navy and Army medical centers in the Washington DC area. The former National Naval Medical Center is barely recognizable, save for the central tower. The facility is now known as Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Completion mandated prior to end of FY-2011 at a cost of just under $1 Billion for the new facility. My money is on completion far earlier than October 2011, as construction is virtually 24/7. World class medical center will be the result.

Good BRAC decision, IMHO.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Results of the latest BRAC which also consolidated the National Navy and Army medical centers in the Washington DC area. The former National Naval Medical Center is barely recognizable, save for the central tower. The facility is now known as Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Completion mandated prior to end of FY-2011 at a cost of just under $1 Billion for the new facility. My money is on completion far earlier than October 2011, as construction is virtually 24/7. World class medical center will be the result.

Good BRAC decision, IMHO.

Wow, I agree with you! Didn't make sense to have two of the largest military medical facilities just 5 miles apart. I wonder if a military Medical Command will be far behind?

Sabre170

None
There was a rumor that one of the Brunswick squadrons may end up in Whidbey? Anyone else hear that?

BourneID

pilot
There was a rumor that one of the Brunswick squadrons may end up in Whidbey? Anyone else hear that?

When I saw the plans about a year ago, from one of the guysin the MMA office, it was actuallyone of the JAX squadrons going to Whidbey, but still not for a while.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I hope the company I work for will send me to Brunswick to install MODS before it closes. My chances for seeing Hawaii is getting slim too I hear. Oh well, I might be going to Whidbey in January.

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
They are moving the brunswick SERE, although last I heard they were still deciding to where, it will remain in brunswick at least a good portion of 2009