• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Forgotten War: Afghanistan

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Definitely not forgotten by those of us who have been there. There are images that will (for both good AND bad) haunt my thoughts for the rest of my life. I've said it before, I and will espouse it until my last breath: These guys and gals--mere kids in many respects--are absolutely amazing.

As far as the young Corporal in the story is concerned, I've met and spoken with him once, and he is a true piece of work. The guy has a quiet, but easygoing demeanor, and remember seeing him hopping after someone who had snagged his leg with a big wolf's grin on his face.

The Marines of 2/7 fought a hard, hard fight out there. Had they been fighting as a cohesive, consolidated battalion, they would have crushed their enemies, seen them driven before them, and heard the lamentation of the women. The mission, however, was not to fight as a battalion, and despite being well trained, steely-eyed killers, more than a couple Marines died. A hard fight, indeed.